Thursday, June 19, 2008

This Girl Is Something else!


Well....in almost exactly a month we will officially have a two year old in our home again. She is so funny there is really no way to describe how cute, silly and sweet she is. However we will not be highlighting those attributes in the intro of this Kaili spotlight. Underneath the beautiful smile .....little devil horns......and she loves it! She even has a little dance to go with her behavior.......and usually just looks up at us with this almost elfish grin and says "I do dat...ha ha dats siyi" I walked out of the bathroom for a second and returned to a fluffy cloud of toilet paper surrounding her little pink potty. She also got caught barehanded with her mouth in the peanut butter jar. We don't find loose change around the house anymore.....out of the corner of my eye I spy'd silver and copper of all variations being slipped through the heater vent cracks.....I opened it today and found enough money for her to start her own savings account....maybe that was her intent....along with two spoons (which appear to be physically impossible to get in there) missing pictures, old credit cards, advertisements, little pieces of paper and plastic, barretts, a paintbrush...a juice box straw........??? We know now not to set our cups down and turn our heads.....one night after dinner within seconds she swiped one and was spotted putting ice in Daddy's boots...and has discovered the newfound joy of snatching a toy from her brother followed by a dash for her life......oh the things she teaches us.....this month I learned to keep the bathroom door shut at all times ......one mistake and I will surely find a puddle of baby shampoo in the bathtub....oh and I think she is setting a record for how many times she can creatively removed her diaper in one day.....when I hear running footsteps and a her little "I makie" (nakie) warcry I don't even have to ask....one of her knew favorite jokes is to put something close to her mouth (like a rock or playdough) and before I even begin "that's yucky" she is playing lolly pop with a little "It's num num" nodding her head and trying not to smile....she is just cracking us up lately......I was trying to get her to take a nap today....I had one of my dark brown pillows on her bed.....she sat up and said "hey....it's chocolate" One of her many attempts at sleep avoidance..... She also seems to think everything is cute from little kittens to the scariest looking skele-figures they have out on the toy shelves in the store these days.....and she wants to hold everything..... chickups (chipmunks) efalants (elephants) squirtles (squirrels) the moon....she is famous for giving orders like "stam up" (stand up) or "wait a me" and rogurt (yogurt) buzzberries (strawberries) and Tisa (pizza) are a few favorite food request ..she loves to make her preferences known......."I yike it" with a raspy growl attached or "I no yike it" eyebrows down with a very slow oh no look......and she always finds a way to turn bodily functions in to humor......when I change her diaper.....she raises her hand in a perfect pageant wave and hollers "Goodbye stink".....likes she is saying goodbye to someone in a vehicle half way down the road....In the car on the way to Dairy Queen Mike started a little game of who wants....raise your hand to pass the time.....He said "Who wants icecream? Everyone said "Me" and we took turns....then Kaili raised her hand and said "Who wants toots....me!!!" I could not stop laughing! She still always wants to know if everyone is o.k....very attentive to other's sad feelings.....when someone gets hurt she licks her finger (generously) wipes your boo boo and ask with wide eyes "It all better?" (not appreciated by all) One day we tried a new pet store... she discovered the large life-like stuffed animal style version of the cat and dog hanging on the ceiling signifying the area for cat/dog accessories......she was devistated and cried out "Help....I reach em..(reaching as high as she could".....they stuck....on no..I coming.....I help" soooooooooo cute!!! and she continues to be our little social butterfly.....while Tutu was visiting we took a walk in the mountains.....a couple and their son were on the same path with us.....when it was time to go we told Kaili to say goodbye to our new friends and she said "More people???" she usually adds a dramatic "Flweeeeessssssssseeeee" (Please) to just about everything these days......oh this little girl......I tell you......most days we just look at her beautiful big brown eyes and can't believe she calls us mom and dad...... Hopefully I can get some video posted soon so you can hear her ......she has the funniest little voice and mannerisms.....always difficult to capture in pictures!


No comments: