Ok now.....come on can you get any cuter than this???
Friday, November 14, 2008
Happy 4th of July
We moved from our apartment in Lakewood July 1st. It turns out that my documentation of our moving experience is mostly video. I took very few actual pictures and my video of our entrance in to suburbia will have to wait. Just around the corner was our first holiday in our new home.....and a great one to mark our beginning......July 4th. We were so tired from moving but the kids were old enough this year to be excited about the day. We decided to take a break from boxes and unpacking and celebrate for two days. July 3rd we spent most of the early morning and afternoon at one of the district outdoor pools and waterparks.....then we loaded up the speedboat/spaceship (what the kids named the kidcart bicycle attachment) and biked to the park down the street for an Independence day celebration/fireworks show. Kaili tried to pretend that she liked what sounded like the end of the world....but she was terrified.....Buzz on the other hand had a look on his face that is difficult to describe.....it closely resembled how excited he would look if Thomas the tank engine drove through our living room and addressed him personally. I was watching Buzz and holding Kaili and remembering what seemed like yesterday.....I was in my 9th month of pregnancy with Kai and Buzz was just a little squirt....... that year we walked (well I waddled) to Ala Moana beach for a fireworks show.....Buzz's first one that he could talk about.....he always did love those fireworks.....fast forward to this year.....I just couldn't believe that Kaili was almost 2, Buzz was almost 4 and we were watching fireworks with the beautiful Colorado mountains in the background. For a moment it almost felt like I didn't know where I was. July 4th we spent the morning enjoying our new home. We BBQ'd for dinner and then had our own little fireworks show in our new backyard. Just as we were approaching the end of our supply we realized that we were surrounded by fireworks displays so we got to enjoy another hour or so of colors in the sky. We really had a great holiday!
Ok now.....come on can you get any cuter than this???











Ok now.....come on can you get any cuter than this???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment